Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Movin' On Band

I'm with the band... haha... I always wanted to say that. :P About two weeks ago I was asked to photograph The Movin On Band.  They performed for a fundraiser at Bourbon Street located in Merrionette Park Illinois.


I met the band through a friend of mine, Marina.  She's one of the lead singers in the band and she has such an amazing voice!  Let me tell you... they are such a talented group!  They really just blew me away with how great and professional they are.  I had so much fun being able to be on stage and photographing their passion to play and perform as artists.




















The Movin' On Band is an exciting Funk/Pop/Rock/R&B/Dance Band from the South Side of Chicago. Per Request their music can vary from Motown to Classic Rock. They play tributes to Carlos Santana, Chicago, Elvis, Journey, and Sha Na Na from the 50's, 60's, including party favorites. They enjoy mixing in some of their original recordings in between songs. Various members of The Movin On Band have performed with recording stars like, Buddy Miles , Hall of Famers from Santana's Drummer Mike Schreive and percussion Chepito Areas, Jose Feliciano, Los Lobos, Malo and Tierra.

I will never stop saying how great these guys are. Not only are they great musicians but they are super funny too!  I always have fun at their concerts.  Make sure to check them out at their next concert.  Keep up the great work guys!


Love,


Jenny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment